Undergraduate Study

Food Systems Major Transcript FAQ

Students who have attended any other college or university besides the University of Washington must submit copies of transcripts. You do not need to submit copies of your University of Washington transcripts.

Yes, unofficial, electronic copies are acceptable. You may submit the following file types: PDF, Word (.doc or .docx), or JPEG (.jpg).

The Food Systems, Nutrition, and Health Major does not have access to materials that were submitted as part of a UW application, which is why we ask students to submit unofficial copies.

As part of the UW’s academic honesty policy, all transcripts must be submitted. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the university.

Same as above. We want the full academic picture, even if your previous college career took place a while ago.

If you do not know how to obtain copies of your transcript, contact your previous institution(s). Generally, the registrar’s office can help with accessing your records, but be prepared to provide identifying information.

The UW Equivalency Guide can assist you in understanding how your community college classes translate into UW coursework. Often, your community college advisers can help interpret equivalencies if you have further questions.

College-level semester coursework will be evaluated at 1 semester credit hour = 1.5 quarter credit hours.

For questions about the Food Systems, Nutrition, and Health Major Application, please contact ugnutr@uw.edu.